Images through our lenses
When scrolling through many many advertisements containing powerful images the one that I just couldn't get off my mind was this particular ad from Burger King. The ad is an image of a girl with her mouth wide open getting ready to eat the sandwich. More importantly in big letters it reads "It'll Blow Your Mind", stating exactly the way they feel towards women and how they think society portrays them. It is aimed to draw you in because of the sexual appeal it contains. Which is the opposite creating an image for women that we as women have been trying to remove. This ad is amongst many others ads that portray this imagery.
The Image I have chosen for journalist images is Richard Drews image of the Falling Man from September 11. This image creates a sense of various emotions, at first look I am shocked to see what is going on but then I am deeply saddened. The image portrays the feelings of many on that day and shows the effects this tragedy had on many.


No comments:
Post a Comment