Toxic Sludge?
When researching the many legislations that are being proposed or have currently been passed the one that caught my eye the most was the "INSPIRE Women Act". This bill was first introduced on January 3, 2017 and was eventually passed on February 28, 2017. The main sponsor of this act was Barbara Comstock, a representative of the U.S. Congress Virginia's 10th District. She is a known republican and from what it seems has been trying to get her name known since 2000. She has been a strong advocate behind science and technology which explains her involvement with the passing of this bill. The reason I chose this bill was because it sways away from the negativity from many others and the idea behind it is to "inspire women', as well this bill has no funding behind it. Many of the other bills are funded by power hungry leaders and have many intentions behind them being passed.
Here is the link providing all information for this bill:

Hey Halee,
ReplyDeleteThe Promoting Women in Entrepreneurship Act is also introduced by Barbara Comstock. The two bills correspond with each other in the promotion of women in the work force, specifically in STEM professions. Congress found that less than 25% of women work in STEM jobs and only 26% attained a STEM degree work in STEM jobs. These bills bring hope for the support of working women and entrepreneurship.
Great choice! I like how you mentioned that the reason you chose this bill was "because it sways away from the negativity from many others and the idea behind it is to "inspire women', as well this bill has no funding behind it. Many of the other bills are funded by power hungry leaders and have many intentions behind them being passed." It's such an important topic, and definitely deserves attention. I'm glad that it's not a bill that's funded by some power hungry corporation.
ReplyDeleteI had heard of this but had not looked into it further until tonight! I actually saw it on someone else's blog as well. I think that it will be very beneficial. I think that it is interesting that it has no funding because I was not aware of that.
ReplyDelete